Thursday, April 27, 2023

DAY 13: Liverworts

Stumpstone appears to be suffering from a bad case of liverworts. A type of fungus known to grow on rocks and stonework. According to the all-knowing Googleplexity, this is a good thing. It shows the maturity of the garden. I can't say Stumpstone actually exists in a garden. It is in a spot on the lawn near a thick sugar maple tree. I suppose in the grand scheme, the Earth is one big garden and we're the liverworts growing on its back. 

Right now I am more interested in the fact that Grammarly is not underling Googleplexity in red. I thought I was muggling up a new word. Now I see that like Googleplexity, muggling is also not being flagged. 

Neologism: spreading like lichens and liverworts throughout our vernacular. 

Go figure.

Day 13: Liverworts

STUMPSTONE QUOTE OF THE DAY

He who steps on stones is glad to feel the smallest spray of moss beneath his feet. -- Anna Katharine Green


No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 31: Paper Weight

Thirty-one days ago I started this blog. I've shared some stories. I've punted a few times. Now I think I'm going to scale back....