Sunday, April 30, 2023

DAY 16: Slitherin'

I had been waiting for a moment like this. I had thought I might get a picture of a robin on the rock. We also have a mallard in the area that likes to perch on garage peaks. A few times I thought my dog would go close enough to Stumpstone that I could capture an image or two of him near it.

Today I was lucky enough to find a worm slithering across it. I was surprised by the speed of the worm crossing over the back of the rock. The moment reminded of the Nietzsche quote about rocks in the road and how we either let them stop us or use them as stepping stones to something greater. I think the worm just wanted to get over the hump. 

STUMPSTONE QUOTE OF THE DAY:

Coins, gold ornaments, stone implements, etc, if dropped on the surface of the ground, will infallibly be buried by the castings of worms in a few years...--Charles Darwin

DAY 16: Slitherin'




No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 31: Paper Weight

Thirty-one days ago I started this blog. I've shared some stories. I've punted a few times. Now I think I'm going to scale back....