Saturday, May 13, 2023

DAY 29: Angry Anglers

DAY 29: Angry Anglers



I took my son and the three sons of my wife's friend from school over to the park one afternoon. Paint Creek runs through the park. We were on our way to the playground and the creek was at the bottom of a hill in a little valley. I suggested we use the restroom because it was too far away from the playground to run them over there each time one of them had to go.

We went into the restroom. Two on the wall, two in a stall.  The boys divided and conquered and ran from the building before I could finish. I hurried and of course, saw none of them outside the door. They ranged in age from six to nine and there were four of them. 

I walked to the edge of the ravine and there they were, standing on the banks of the Paint Creek river, throwing large stones into the water while a couple of anglers practiced catch and release. They weren't too happy with the boys. I used my teacher-voice, corralled the group, and got the kids to the playground. 

STUMPSTONE QUOTE OF THE DAY:

“Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.” ~ Sigmund Freud












No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 31: Paper Weight

Thirty-one days ago I started this blog. I've shared some stories. I've punted a few times. Now I think I'm going to scale back....